Have you ever thought that you might be able to receive an American diploma in addition to a European one in one place? Bulgaria is a home to the first American-style, English language, liberal arts educational institution in Eastern Europe – the American University in Bulgaria.
The American University in Bulgaria (AUBG) was established in 1991 and since then, the lively town of Blagoevgrad in southwest Bulgaria has become a haven of academic excellence, creativity, and cultural diversity. Around 1,000 curious, committed, and talented students from over 40 countries come together to live and study in a supportive and secure community and immerse themselves in our first-rate American liberal arts education.
World-class faculty members come from top schools in five continents to create an innovative and real-world learning environment that’s unique in Europe. The University is a melting pot for outstanding young people who are committed to the pursuit of academic excellence, expected to work hard, and are encouraged to be their best. They can plan their own program of study and make the choices that match their interests and future plans.
Connecting living and learning is an essential feature of the AUBG education. The majority of students live on campus in the Skaptopara complex, which features three residence halls, an academic building, and a modern library. A spacious multifunctional student center hosts our state-of-the-art theater, sports and dining halls, and the campus runs alongside the Bistritsa River.
At AUBG, our students don’t just focus on academic excellence. Our residential campus offers students many opportunities for a different kind of learning. In fact, we go out of our way to encourage them to fully take part in the vibrant program of events and activities offered here. Not only do our clubs and activities offer lots of fun, they also build essential qualities like organizational and communication skills and encouraging students to venture outside their comfort zone.
AUBG students develop into inquisitive and compassionate leaders, creative problem solvers, and responsible global citizens. Our students have a reputation for success in their careers and in graduate studies, with many going on to the world’s leading schools and employers, and all being valued members of our tight-knit global network of alumni.
7 REASONS Why You’ll Love Life and Learning at AUBG:
1. Two diplomas recognized worldwide that open your future to endless opportunities.
2. High quality American education with outstanding international faculty from five continents.
3. Easy access to scholarships and financial aid.
4. Exchange programs with over 100 universities around the world, allowing students to study abroad for a semester or full academic year and experience another culture and new adventure.
5. More than 40 student clubs on campus for every interest – music, sports, multimedia, dance, entrepreneurship. The options are endless!
6. Close-knit global alumni network of around 4,000 successful graduates.
7. Situated in Blagoevgrad, a student-friendly city only an hour from Sofia, the capital of Bulgaria.
Discover the American University in Bulgaria at www.aubg.edu/why-aubg